Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nosferatu / Shadow of the Vampire

Vampire Double Feature


Nosferatu
Good classic movie.
I think this is the first vampire movie ever made.
We got practically a mentally challenged guy who goes
to sell a property to Nosferatu himself.
I say mentally challenged because the guy had a chance or
two to escape the castle while Nosferatu was asleep.
But, I guess he was possessed.
This is a silent picture.
Pretty weird music.
But, I love Nosferatu.
The actor was outstanding.
This is a movie that it's always referenced in other horror movies
and in film history in general.
I mean look at this shot:

Classic!!
A must buy for the vampire section.
The reason I finally saw it now is because of this next movie,
"Shadow of the Vampire."



Shadow of the Vampire
Very good double feature this makes with Nosferatu.
This is about the actor that played Nosferatu
and the making of that movie.
Of course, it's fiction.
But rumors has it, that the real actor who played
Nosferatu was a vampire.
This is a take on that.
Willem Dafoe kicks ass.
Crazy moments, especially the ending.
It made me want to watch Nosferatu again.
I think he was a good method actor.
But it is weird that he only wanted to be seen at night.
And requested blood from people.


This night has been of the best double features I
have ever screened.
Another decent movie to buy.

Youtube is blocking the embedded link to this trailer
but here's the link:
http://youtu.be/uAn5uLNMmjk