Friday, June 22, 2012

Kung Fu Friday: Dreadnaught

KUNG FU FRIDAY

Every fourth Friday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a kung fu movie of any period.
Gives me an excuse to kick the walls and break
blocks of wood. Also gives me the excuse to
go to I Luv Video or Vulcan Video and catch up on
some great kung fu flicks out there.


Dreadnaught
Fun kung fu movie from Woo-ping Yuen
(the choreographer for Kill Bill and other action movies).
It was hard to follow the story at first but
then everything becomes clear after a while.
Funny moments.
Good original kung fu techniques.
Whoever knew drying clothes with your hands can
be used as a method in kung fu fighting.
I liked the silliness of this movie.
We have exaggerated characters throughout the film.
Nice and simple.

Another good kung fu movie to add to the kung fu section.