Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zen


Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zen
This is one of the movies I missed out on last year's
Fantastic Fest. I had the ticket to go but due
to a car problem in the middle of the day, I missed out on it.
Well, thanks to I Luv Video for having an international copy
of this movie, got to see this tonight.
Donnie Yen kicks ass like usual.
Fast punches.
This one didn't feel like a kung fu flick.
There was some great martial art scenes but
it was mostly war stuff.
It gets a little bloody.
Lots of guns and explosions.
The final showdown at the end was pretty awesome.
The story was okay.

This feels like a sequel to Fist of Legend,
but according to research, it's a sequel to a Donnie Yen
TV series called, Fists of Fury.
I actually prefer Ip Man 2 more than this one.
And of course, you can't beat the first Ip Man.
Good entertainment.