Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Graduate

SHAME ON ME NIGHT

[The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, and shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.]

Because Valentine's Day lands on this month,
I focused on "romantic" movies
that guys like or that are part of the story.
I had a hard time coming up with five romantic
movies that I'm ashamed for not having seen.
These were the picks:
Annie Hall
The Graduate
Dracula
Weird Science
High Fidelity

The Graduate wins by majority vote from my film experts.

Runner Up: Dracula


The Graduate
Shame on me people.
This morning I woke up to finally see this classic.
The only thing I knew about it was that in
Wayne's World 2, they spoof this movie.
This was great.
I believe there was only four songs on here,
but, they kept on repeating them throughout the whole movie.
The first half wasn't much of a romantic story
but the third act delivered on that part.
Love that whole sequence of him rescuing his love
before she's married (exactly what Wayne's World spoofed).

I now I can say I saw this film.
No more being ridiculed by some of my peeps.
Definitely, a must have for the collection.