Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Bittersweet Life


A Bittersweet Life
We got ourselves another winner here from Kim Ji-Woon.
This gangster drama was awesome.
At first, I thought this was going to be predictable,
but it has its surprises and its punches.
Love those last 30 minutes with all that gangster shooting.
The whole thing felt poetic.
I put this one up there with The Good The Bad The Weird
and I Saw The Devil.
The intro to this right away
had gangster written all over it.
Beautiful music.

Man, I can't wait for this to officially come out on DVD
here in the U.S.
I am now officially a member of Vulcan Video.
That's where I picked this up from.
This past Tuesday, I went to I Luv Video
to see if they had Mesrine: Killer Instinct.
Surprisingly, they didn't have it.
I strolled into Vulcan out of curiosity,
and there it was. So I got a membership
and at the same time, by coincidence, I saw this movie
sitting on a shelf near me. I knew I had to check it out.
Props to Vulcan Video for pleasing my addiction.