Sunday, February 27, 2011

Alien 3 / Panic Room

A David Fincher Double Feature.

These are the only two movies I haven't seen
from Fincher.
I started a David Fincher section in my dvd shelf.
So, I had to get these.


Alien 3
A little disappointing.
I heard negative things about this movie
and went in with low expectations.
The part where Ripley finds out that she has an alien inside her
wasn't convincing. It felt a bit rushed.
And the Terminator 2 ending ripoff wasn't cool either.
But, I think this came out during the same time as T2.

I got this out of the way.
I understand this is a studio film and not a Fincher film,
but still thought this could of been a lot more.



Panic Room
Great visuals and shots.
Definitely a lot better and entertaining
than Alien 3.
But, it's one of those one night stand kind of movies.
I thought all the actors were great.
The only part I didn't like was
the part where the ex husband shows up and
surprises the burglars.
The burglars weren't very convincing that they were
really surprised. It felt random.
But, kudos to all those long shots, even though they
were cgi.

Now I've seen all the Fincher films.
I say half of his films are badass.
The other half are so and so.