Friday, February 25, 2011

The Blood Spattered Bride / I Dismember Mama

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE

Backstory:
The other day I saw a used copy of The Blood Spattered Bride
for sale. I always wanted to see it and my grindhouse
night was coming up so i decided to buy it
and see it with another movie like it.
The movie was going to be Hatchet for the Honeymoon.
Then a few days before the event,
upon internet research, I found out that during the grindhouse era,
The Blood Spattered Bride was shown as a double feature
with a movie called, I Dismember Mama.
So I decided to go with that as a tribute to that era.
Picked up "I Dismember Mama" from I Luv Video and here we are.

Here's a clip I found on youtube regarding both movies:





The Blood Spattered Bride
Weird stuff here.
It got my interest in the first half,
but then it got really bloody interesting in the
second half.
Definitely has the grindhouse feel all the way.
My favorite part, well the scene that
is shown on the cover (which happens
in the first half).
This can be considered a vampire movie
even though it's not a full on vampire movie.
Few blood scenes, lots of nudity, and a quick ending.
Decent to have for the grindhouse section.
FYI: Quentin Tarantino referenced this title
as a title for one of the Kill Bill chapters.

It gets confusing but still fun for a midnight screening.




I Dismember Mama
For some reason, I thought this one was going to be more crazy and
messed up than the last film.
But, a little disappointing.
There's hardly any kills and if there is,
we don't see anything really.
I do like the 70's music on here.
Some sleazy scenes.
Cheesy plot.
It didn't quite deliver for me in the end.
I was expecting to see some gore
and was waiting for this killer to actually
do what the title of the movie states.
But, neither of those happened.

On the positive side,
this was very weird and trashy.
Perfect for 3am screening.
But only to experience once
and then forget about it.
Time to move on!!