Wednesday, December 22, 2010

True Grit (2010)


True Grit
First of all, I want to make clear that
the following comments are not considered negative at all.
I thought the film was decent.
I have to stay true to myself, so these are my comments:
As a Coen Brothers fan, I was fairly satisfied.
It didn't wow me or blew me away,
but, I thought the performances and the shots were awesome.
There were several good moments,
like the hanging scene.
Since I saw the original last week, I couldn't help but
to think about the differences between the two while watching this one.
It kinda took away some of the magic.
It felt like this was missing something.
Mainly because I had very very high expectations for this one.
Definitely deserves an honorable mention.
I know a lot of people love or will love the movie,
but this is how I felt this first time.
Maybe it will grow on me, and over time instead of liking
this movie, perhaps I'll find love.


If you're a fan of Westerns, check this one out for sure.