Friday, December 17, 2010

Black Christmas / Silent Night Deadly Night

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE

Christmas Special

(Since next week is Christmas Eve, I decided to move
Friday at the Grindhouse one week early.)


Black Christmas
Slow driven 70's classic.
I've never ever seen this before until tonight.
But, it wasn't a good idea to watch this so late.
The caffeine must of worn out, I ended up falling
asleep halfway through. I woke up, went back for
a bit, and realized I didn't miss anything really important.
This is not a Santa Claus gone mad kind of movie,
in other words, this wasn't santasploitation.
It was simply a slasher flick that takes place during Christmas.
Would of wanted to see some gore.
Love the very slow moving ending shot.

Verdict: An okay flick to watch every once in a great while
during the holidays.




This is definitely a good late night grindhouse movie.
I didn't grow up with these movies.
There's actually four parts.
This first part had that great old sleazy and campy feel
I was looking for.
My favorite line:
The boss closes up the store and says,
"Time to get shitfaced."
And I enjoyed "Zack Morris" dressed up as Santa
killing topless women and any men in the way
in the first half then nuns and cops in the second half.
Nice ending and song.

Good 3 o'clock in the morning times.


This was the last Friday at the Grindhouse of this year.
Not too worry, it will be back again next year.
This has been my favorite personal movie special
since two years.
Looking forward to at least another 24 grindhouse flicks next year.
And now I got a "GoLocal" card which allows me
to get discounts at I Luv Video. That will help
with my grindhouse picks each month.