Friday, December 10, 2010

Black Swan (2010)


Black Swan
Darren Aronofsky is now officially among my favorite directors.
Left the theater satisfied with this psychological drama.
This is Natalie Portman's best performance ever.
She was able to pull so many emotions.
The whole experience reminded me a lot
of David Lynch.
So, it's safe to say that, if you're a fan of David Lynch,
you will enjoy this movie.
The plot is not that original. Kind of predicted some things.
But, seeing this on the big screen with loud sound,
made it one of the best experiences I've had this year.
How did they shoot all those mirror scenes?
Crazy movie. Shocking moments.
The ending reminded me a lot of Aronofsky's "The Wrestler."

Definitely has a shot in being in my top 10 of the year.
Has to settle in inside my head before I give it a number.
If you see it, remember: it's about the experience.
Expect a thrill ride and have it extremely loud.