Monday, December 13, 2010

Before Sunset

CATCHING UP WITH A DIRECTOR

December's Director: Richard Linklater

#5:

Before Sunset
Pretty much the same as Before Sunrise
except they're a lot older and they're in Paris.
Good for a romantic drama, but not for me.
Thank goodness this was a little shorter than the first one.
The story here was slightly better, in my opinion.
More believable.
Love the shots.
Another one of those that I'm glad I saw in the morning.
Otherwise, my comments would of been more negative.

Now that I've seen all his feature films,
here's my most favorite to least favorite Linklater films:

1. Dazed and Confused
2. A Scanner Darkly
3. Fast Food Nation
4. The School of Rock
5. Bad News Bears
6. SubUrbia
7. Slacker
8. Me and Orson Welles
9. Waking Life
10. The Newton Boys
11. Tape
12. Inning by Inning: A Portrait of a Coach
13. Before Sunset
14. Before Sunrise



This is also my last Catching Up With A Director Segment.
Next year, I won't be required to watch 5 movies from a director
each month. This segment was a challenge to me.
If I want to catch up with another director in the future,
I'll do it without any obligation.

Here's the 12 directors I caught up on this year
(Once again from most favorite to least favorite):

1. Guillermo Del Toro
2. Takeshi Miike
3. Sam Raimi
4. Steven Spielberg
5. John Carpenter
6. David Cronenberg
7. Stanley Kubrick
8. George Romero
9. Wong Kar-Wai
10.Richard Linklater
11.Lucio Fulci
12.Steven Soderbergh