Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Zero Theorem

Got to see this trippy dystopian sci-fi by Terry Gilliam yesterday morning.  It stars Christoph Waltz.  I enjoy my fair share of trippy films.  This one was okay.  I was wanting a lot more out of it.  I mean, it had a lot of potential.  The overall delivery didn't do it for me.  This reminded me a lot of Gilliam's older stuff: Brazil mixed with 12 Monkeys with a little dash of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Just wished this one would have blown me away like those films mentioned.  Maybe I need to experience it more times to appreciate it.  Not love at first sight, that's for sure.
Not recommended.  It's a shame because it was shown at Fantastic Fest in 2013.  I remember waiting in the standby line for it cause it was full.  Luckily, I got in, but I was in the front row.  After a few minutes into the movie, I decided to walk out and experience it some other time.  I hyped it up for myself.  At your own risk.