Monday, February 16, 2015

The Spanish Apartment

This past Valentine's Day, my Fantastic Fest friend Alyssa and I decided to do a French double feature.  I bought Mood Indigo a few months back.  It was one of my favorite movies in 2013.  It was Alyssa's favorite movie from Fantastic Fest 2013.  So we've been talking about seeing it together someday.  What more cheesy and cliche than on V-Day?!  I forgot how much depressing Mood Indigo was even though it was also romantic.  For the second movie, we went to something more uplifting that also features the two main stars from Indigo.  So we went with The Spanish Apartment.  This movie right here is the first part of a trilogy.   Basically, a feel good movie about learning to live life and getting to know other cultures.  It was like the French version of The Real World.  Our main character is a writer who moves to an apartment in Spain with a group of other people all coming from different cultures.  Before you know it, they all party it up and bond with each other.  It was a bit sweet.  At first, I thought it was going to be the usual romantic comedy, but it turned out different. I would have wanted more scenes with Audrey Tautou but she wasn't one of the main characters.
 
I might have to see the rest of the trilogy to see how these characters evolve.
Kudos on the salsa dancing scenes.

  
We had ourselves a French Feast with this double feature.
For the second movie, we had French Roast coffee and Souffle.  Oh yeah!