Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hitchcock Thursday: Shadow of a Doubt

Holy! Jesus! Fuck!  My second Hitchcock Thursday was badass.  This 1943 film holds up very good.  Suspense and smooth scenes.  This reminded me of Stoker (directed by Korean director Park Chan-wook).  Hell, I think both movies have "Uncle Charlie."  I love the dialogue here and the little moments.  Uncle Charlie makes a surprise visit to family in California.  His niece, also named Charlie, is happy about her uncle's visit.  After a while, she starts finding out secrets and who Uncle Charlie really is.  Tensions start between the two.  Again, pretty damn awesome for a 1943 film.  Enjoyed it to the fullest.
I would recommend this and if you're a movie collector, I say, this is worth buying.  Thank goodness for Hitchcock Thursday.  Until next time, stay safe and cover your necks.