Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Annie Hall

It was Oscar weekend this past weekend and I wanted to watch a classic I haven't seen that's won Best Picture.  I went with one of Woody Allen's most famous films.  I'm beginning to respect Woody Allen as a director.  I would try to avoid him before but he's coming along for me.  I like that this isn't your typical romantic comedy.  It has its own style.  It definitely didn't have the usual romantic comedy ending.  Oops! Spoiler Alert.  It was pretty cool to see actually. Good experience.  I like that Allen interrupts in the middle of scenes to explain alternate realities and etc.  I like that we go back in forth between the past and the present.  Now, I don't think this is my favorite Woody Allen film but I thought it was pretty good.  I can see why lots of people love it.

Worth checking out on Netflix if you're one of the few that haven't seen it yet. A good double feature with "When Harry Meet Sally" for you romantics out there.