Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Theory of Everything

Man, this better than I expected.  I mean, I know it's an Oscar nominated movie but sometimes they're not my cup of tea.  And for sure, I thought this wasn't going to be my cup of tea.  So I made me a hot tea just in case.  Well, I enjoyed it.  Eddie Redmayne plays famous theoretical physicist, Stephen Hawking and he nails his performance.  It's pretty much an Oscar bait part.  What I like is that I didn't know anything about Hawking's life other than that he's a physicist with Lou Gehrig's disease.  This covers a lot of his romantic life with some unexpected stuff towards the end.  This is a movie that celebrates life in general.  Not a movie I would see over and over but a movie that is worth seeing.  Kind of like The King's Speech.
This is the last Best Picture nominated movie I needed to see.  I can see Redmayne getting the Best Actor award.  I'll still be rooting for Michael Keaton but it's going to be tough.  As far as Best Pictures go, all of the 8 nominated movies have been good, well, except for my own personal disappointment of The Grand Budapest Hotel.  That one has to be my least favorite.  It's a bummer because Wes Anderson is my 2nd favorite director.  I really wanted to like it.  Anyways, my winner prediction goes to Birdman but I would love to see Boyhood win though.  We shall see!