Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Selma

Amen, brothers! Amen!  So I got to see this emotional drama about Dr. King himself.  Takes place during the time where King and most of the colored people were fighting for their right to vote.  Personally, I would have waited to see this movie on home video, but since I made it my goal this year to watch all of the Oscar movies, I went for it.  It was good, of course.  Emotional scenes.  Good performances and good flow.  I would have wanted some Johnny Rebel music played by the Selma locals just for kicks but that's asking a lot.  My favorite emotional moment was the very first march attempt to Montgomery, Alabama.  If you're going to see this movie, you know what to expect already.  A good old preachy movie during segregation times.  Free at last! Free at last!
Another Oscar movie down, one more to go.  I'll be watching The Theory of Everything next week.  My heart and soul still belongs to Boyhood and maybe Birdman and Whiplash.