Thursday, October 10, 2013

Vampire Thursday: Dracula

Dracula IMDb
Finally got to see this Universal classic.  Short and simple for its time.  Bela Lugosi as Dracula.  I've never seen Lugosi in any film but I knew of him through film history research and of course, the movie, Ed Wood.  As a matter of fact, I'm pulling a double feature next week of Tim Burton's Ed Wood followed by Plan 9 from Outer Space (for Cult Classic Friday).  As for this movie here, I feel like I've seen this story numerous times.  I know it's been done and told in different versions.  I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.  I guess for its time, this was scary.  It was okay to see.  I think any film buff should see it at least once in their life.  I probably wouldn't buy it.  I would rather own the original "Nosferatu."  That was one of the first vampire movies ever and I remember enjoying it when I saw it.