Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oblivion (2013)

Oblivion IMDb
This started out pretty awesome.  It got me excited seeing all this sci-fi action and scenery.  Then it got predictable.  So predictable that I had to stop thinking and just enjoy the film.  It's got the similar twist as the movie, "Moon."  Which if you haven't seen "Moon," you're missing out on a great sci-fi.   I wasn't really disappointed with this one.  Well, maybe the Hollywood cliche ending.    That's it.  This movie ain't about the acting.  Hell, Morgan Freeman is the best actor here, and he's only in a few scenes.  This movie is all about the great visuals.  I really enjoyed some of the stuff here.  It didn't look too CGI.  As far as the story, this one was okay.  Worth watching once.  If you ask me what sci films to recommend from this year so far?  I would say: Gravity (in 3D), Elysium, and of course freaking Pacific Rim (my favorite movie of the year so far).