Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Coherence (2013)

Coherence IMDb
When I heard during Fantastic Fest 2013 that this movie here is one to look out for, I made it my duty to see it as soon as possible.  Well, thanks to a press access to a digital copy I was able to see it during my break at work.  I liked it a lot.  Very low budget but clever and mind bending sci-fi.  It lives up to the hype.  Sometimes these very low budget films with no special effects or cgi are even better than their multi-million dollar competitors with all their gadgets.  This is the story where no one can't really say anything without spoiling it.  So, I'll leave it like that.  I had no idea what was it about other than what it shows on the trailer.  There's a rare comet on the night where four couples are having a get together.  The lights go out all over the neighborhood except for one house that's a block or two away.  Two guys from the group decide to go and check it out.  After that, things get crazy and confusing.  A movie that requires multiple viewings.  I would recommend this movie.  To buy? That depends on your taste.  I'm still thinking about it.