Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cheap Thrills (2013)

Cheap Thrills IMDb
I got to see a press digital copy of this film provided to me by Fantastic Fest.  I was thrilled.  A little squeamish at times but very thrilled.  With that said, there were a few problems I had with the story.  A lot of it had to with Ethan Embry's character.  At first he seemed like he wanted to financially help his "friend" but I guess greed changes people cause in the second half, he was the opposite.  I'm not spoiling that cause that's in the trailer.  The two friends are doing strange acts and competing for money given by this weird couple.  I was laughing with some of the black humor here.  I was entertained.  The scenes get crazier towards the end.  Let's just quote this line from the movie to hint at one of the crazy acts: "You guys aren't vegeterian?"  One of the guy responds while looking at the dinner plate: "I think I just became one."  This movie received a lot of great buzz at SXSW and Fantastic Fest this year.  I can see why.  Good movie to see.  I would recommend it.  To buy?  Maybe not (but, that's just me).