Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Silence

The Silence IMDb IMDb
Great German detective thriller.  At Fantastic Fest this year, I saw a little movie called, "Big Bad Wolves," from Israel.  It blew me away.  As of now, that's probably my number 1 or number 2 favorite film of this year so far.  This German movie here is similar to Big Bad Wolves.  This one came out back in 2010.  It was intense and kept me going all the way through.  This one takes a more serious route.  We're dealing with pedophiles and a murder mystery.  Nothing really graphic is shown.  Which tells us something about European Cinema:  you don't need to show the violence (which I do love) and explicit scenes to tell a certain story.  One can already imagined the horrors behind those scenes.  This movie is complicated yet simple.  There was just one moment where a certain line shouldn't have been used.  It wasn't necessary.  To tell you that line would spoil this great movie.  I would highly recommend this movie, though.  Worth buying.