Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New Release Tuesday: Chronicle (2012)

NEW RELEASE TUESDAY


Chronicle
Okay, I liked the story and some of the cool
superpower stuff but I hate hate the way they told it.
I have no problem with Found Footage movies.
I like Blair Witch Project, Cannibal Holocaust, and [REC].
There's some miss and hits with these types of movies.
Now this movie, that didn't work for me.
It's supposed to be somewhat believable when you have a camera around.
Usually the camera happens to be in the right moment.
But here, they exaggerated over the camera use.
Not only that, but they multiple cameras.
We have a girl with a camera.
We got surveillance videos being part of the movie.
Lots of jump cuts even if the character did not turn the camera off.
My favorite letdown is when our main guy here breaks
the windows and takes everyone's device with him in the air.
We got a multiple camera shot.
I was disappointed with that aspect.
But everything else was pretty cool.
I wish they would of focused more on the bullying
and revenge than a story with a sick mother
and a typical drunk dad.
But oh well.
I loved that magic show.
I loved the scene where this guy takes some teeth
from this bully.
I love tearing the spider into pieces with the mind.
I liked the story a lot.
Just not the way they presented the movie.
It took away some of the magic for me.

Check it out if you don't mind found footage films.
Some scenes are worth checking out.
Other than that, stay away.