Monday, May 28, 2012

George Harrison: Living in the Material World


George Harrison: Living in the Material World
Man, I love Martin Scorsese and I love the Beatles,
so this was a must for me.
Needless to say, I was kind of disappointed.
It was 3 hours and 20 minutes long.
That's a long time for a documentary.
The first half dealt mainly about The Beatles and less
about George Harrison. The second half finally
got to talk mostly about Harrison.
They should of re-cut this down by an hour or so.
At least there was a lot of good music playing.
And I got to know some stuff I didn't know about
George Harrison. I didn't know that he financed the
movie, Life of Brian. I didn't know
about his obsession and dedication to God.
Some interesting stuff.
Just wished it was shorter than that and to the point.

Martin Scorsese did another long documentary about
Bob Dylan. I still need to check it out but gotta find
some time for that. This one was okay.