Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chernobyl Diaries (2012)


Chernobyl Diaries
I was going to wait for this on DVD.
But, decided to take advantage of a free screening.
On the positive side,
the horror elements are there.
This had a few scares for me.
Crazy moments that deal with either with a bear, fishes,
and some crazy deformed people.
Not giving away spoilers here.
For a horror movie, the stuff is there.
As a fan of movies, I wasn't satisfied.
The stuff that leads to each scare have all been done before.
A lot of cliches.
Of course the van is not going to work when the tourists are about to
leave.
Of course, the people are going to walk towards dark spaces
and weird objects. They just have to.
Those are just some of the things I didn't like about the story.
But, kudos for getting me scared a few times.
My favorite character is the big Russian tour guide.

If you're a fan of horror and want to see this,
have some low expectations and expect the story to not be
as original. After that, you'll probably like the movie.