Friday, May 25, 2012

Kung Fu Friday: Love On Delivery

KUNG FU FRIDAY

Every fourth Friday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a kung fu movie of any period.
Gives me an excuse to kick the walls and break
blocks of wood. Also gives me the excuse to
go to I Luv Video or Vulcan Video and catch up on
some great kung fu flicks out there.


Love On Delivery
This is the first directed film by Stephen Chow.
You know, the same crazy guy who brought us
Kung Fu Hustle, CJ7, and Shaolin Soccer.
Like all his other films, he delivers on Love on Delivery.
You'll find his usual over the top action and
dialogue. Lots of quick silly shots.
I love his humor and his style.
Right here, he learns kung fu to try to get this girl.
But the kung fu is silly and he never really learns but
knows how to do a certain move that can probably win
the girl. I enjoyed it a lot.
I've seen all of his other films except Forbidden City Cop.
But, I'll see that one soon.

Highly recommend this film for fans of
Shaolin Soccer and King of Comedy.