Monday, May 2, 2011

Nine

MUSICAL MONDAY

[To expand my knowledge in this genre
and for the sake of trying something different,
every first Monday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a musical I've never seen before.]


Nine
Alright musical.
Late last year I saw 8 1/2 by Federico Fellini.
This film is a musical version of that one.
It was between this and Mama Mia for this month
but I decided to just go with this one.
Some okay moments like the dream sequence with Fergie.
That scene was actually also in the original 8 1/2
with the same song and everything.
I wanted a little more out of this musical.
Would of wanted some trippy musical scenes.
I like the way they ended it with Guido saying
"Action."
Can't go wrong with a nice scene by Penelope Cruz
and great performance by Daniel Day Lewis.
Alright to see if you're in the mood.