Thursday, May 5, 2011

La Ultima Y Nos Vamos

Cinco De Mayo Special


La Ultima Y Nos Vamos
Man, this was fun.
I didn't know anything about it.
Never seen the trailer.
My brother, Erik, recommended this movie.
I went in with no expectations and I was entertained.
At first I thought this was going to be some kind of soap opera
or "novela" kind of acting. But after a while, the acting was alright.
The stories are alright.
What I love about this movie was two things:
the music and the time frame this takes place.
The music was non-stop, one song after another.
I love movies that have their stories take place
within a 24 hour time frame.
When movies like this one do that, you follow
the characters more closely.
For being mostly a drama, not bad.

Good drinking movie.
Need to add this one day to my everlasting Foreign film section.
Some of the music makes you want to say,
"Happy Cinco De Mayo."