Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Illusionist

NEW RELEASE TUESDAY


The Illusionist
Very sophisticated and very careful animation from France.
Loved it a lot.
This is the same director and creator who did
Triplets of Belleville (another great animation I recommend).
Just like Triplets, this one has almost no dialogue,
just pure sounds and music.
Every character carries the movie very good.
No wonder this was nominated for Oscars.
It went to Toy Story 3.
I think this one is very close to beating Toy Story 3,
in my opinion.
I love movies like these that pay a lot of attention to details.
Seriously, there's hardly any movies with this kind
of dedication.
Lots of great moments but one of my favorites that come to mind is:
A drunken depressed clown is about to
hang himself and he hears a knock on the door.

Highly recommend this and Triplets of Belleville.
Both provide a good cinematic experience.