Friday, May 27, 2011

Caged Heat / The Big Bird Cage

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE

Two Women In Prison films back to back.


Caged Heat
Not bad.
A few good moments with the dialogue
and shootouts.
I liked that it was short and simple.
Lots of nudity, some violence, and choppy editing,
yup, this is grindhouse all the way.
Can't believe this is made by the same
guy who later directed "Silence of the Lambs"
and "Philadelphia."

Good sleazy stuff for a late Friday night.



The Big Bird Cage
I didn't like this second feature as much as the first one tonight.
I didn't know if it's because the time I saw this,
but, it was a bit boring.
I mean, there's some okay scenes.
My favorite part was the climax when they escape.
Pure grindhouse action there.
I wanted to see a lot more with Pam Grier's character.
She was hardly there in the first half.

Maybe not a good idea to watch this at 2am.
See, it's almost 4am and I can't even blog anymore.
Next Friday at the Grindhouse (June 24) will
be two father revenge flicks:
Death Wish and Fight For Your Life.
Can't wait.