Sunday, May 8, 2011

Amreeka


Amreeka
Nice little drama here about an immigrant single
mother and her teenage son and their experience
in the U.S.
It felt right to watch this on Mother's Day.
Single mothers always have my sympathy.
Of course they do, because my mother was a single mom.
Being a parent myself, now I realize all the hard work.
The whole story here deals with cultural differences
and adapting to this country (post 9/11).
Some scenes make me mad because
of how ignorant people are.
But, love the characters.
The story was short and simple
and had that personal authentic touch.
At the end, I was like, that's it?
It ended fast.

Good to see once, especially if you're in the mood
for a family drama.
Another recommendation that's similar to this is the
movie, The Namesake. The Namesake was more
emotional, though.