Friday, March 13, 2015

Straight To Hell Returns

Straight to hell is where I sent you!  Straight to hell.  When they killed the preacher, that was
too much for me.  I'm just kidding.  That actually doesn't happen until in hour into this film.
I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.  The plot was lazy but that didn't bother me for liking this film. It was the moments, it was the spirit, it was the coffee drinking cowboys.  A lot to say.  First of all, this movie is actually called Straight to Hell and it was made in the 80's.  They added the "Returns" to the title because the director added a few more scenes and digital blood to it.  This is practically the director's cut.  I never heard of this movie until I went to Vulcan Video the other day.
I researched punk movies and this came up. Director Alex Cox did Repo Man and other cult classics.
I'm glad I gave this a shot.  Terrible movie to love.  A band of robbers (who look a lot like they're from a Tarantino movie) go into hiding in this small town.  It's a stereotype western town.  The cowboys there don't drink beer.  They drink coffee and lots of it.  A lot of funny moments.  To top it off, the cowboys wear silly customes Three Amigos style.  There are a lot of other bizarre characters
including one that sings "Delilah" (Tom Jones cover).  Oh, and a three minute cameo by Mr. Dennis Fucking Hopper.  Fuck yeah.  I'm adding this to my Western section.
I recommend this to those who love their cult films and even exploitation fans.
Good Friday morning!  I'm writing more than I should.  It's the coffee.  I'm going to stop right....now!