Friday, March 27, 2015

Life Itself

Saw this sad but interesting documentary about the world's most famous movie critic, Roger Ebert.  Learned a lot of things.  Genius man.  I can never be a full on critic.  It's not my thing.  I don't like it when people call me a film critic.  I have a movie blog and I write short comments but it's all in great fun.  Sure, I wouldn't mind getting paid just to write short comments but to write long reviews, that takes away the fun sometimes.  Not for me.  Roger Ebert was an important human being in the film world.  Love the Martin Scorsese soundbites on here.  Also, there's a part where they talk about the production of "Beyond the Valley of Dolls" (a crazy exploitation film that Ebert was a part of).  I been wanting to see that movie for a long time, I gotta visit Vulcan soon and rent that one out.  This documentary of course gets sadder as we see Ebert fighting cancer and getting worse and worse health-wise.  Didn't know he had thyroid cancer (my mom had that too).  Scary fucking thing.  Anyways, this is a good documentary on the film critic.
  As a fan of movies, this is worth checking out but not a priority.