Thursday, March 12, 2015

Filmage: The Story of the Descendants/All

Awesome, awesome documentary about the first pop punk band, the Descendents.  I saw this late last night after a big coffee rush.  What a coincidence that this band sing about love, angst, and coffee?!  They sing about other things as well like fishing and etc.  Didn't know they were from Hermosa Beach, Ca.  I love that place.  I first got introduced to Descendents by my brother Robert back when I was living in L.A.  I was a little kid loving "It's a Hectic World."  I have a lot of respect for them and even more so now after watching this doc.  It covers their beginning, their name transformation to ALL, and troubles.  And also how they influenced a lot of other bands like Green Day and Blink 182.  A lot of interviews here with not only the band members but other well known people in the punk world as well as Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters, Mark from Blink 182, and Mike from NOFX.
Great documentary I would highly recommend to punk fans.  It's a must.  Hell, even if you aren't a fan of punk, this is good as a history piece itself for rock music in general.