Monday, December 1, 2014

Zatoichi Night: Zatoichi's Vengeance

This is very emotional for me.  It is the last Zatoichi Night of this year.  As tears roll down, I realized I still have 12 more Zatoichi movies to go to finish the box set.  So this isn't a goodbye.  No, I'm not having Zatoichi Night no more.  I'll try to knock the rest of the Zatoichi movies one month.  This movie right here has one of my favorite words in the title: Vengeance. Oh yeah, motherfuckers!  I'm sipping on my Wild Turkey and coke as I'm writing this, so bear with me.  Shit, I lost my train of thought.  I can't believe this is the last one this year.  I already said that.  Actually, this monthly special was overall okay.  I mean, all these movies are practically the same.  There are few differences in the stories but they still feel a bit repetitive.  This movie starts with a battle scene at the beginning.  And kudos for another battle scene that happens later where things were a bit different for our blind swordsman.  I'm talking about the scene where Zatoichi battles these 5 or 6 guys and then a bunch of drummers purposely surround him so he can't hear his enemies near him.  He still kicks ass.  The rest is the usual. Zatoichi saving another town from corrupted yakuzas.   Not bad.
Not among my favorites in the series but still okay.  At the end of the year, I will put all the movies I've seen for Zatoichi Night from most favorite to least favorite.