Friday, December 19, 2014

Robot Friday: Automata (2014)

Due to the holidays next week, decided to do my last Robot Friday today.  I went with this new Sci-fi produced in Spain in English.  This was one of my most anticipated movies for Robot Friday.  I saw the trailer earlier in the year and I knew I had to do it.  It was also shown at Fantastic Fest this year but I skipped it and saved it for my last Robot Friday.  Well, what's the verdict?  It was a letdown.  It felt flat to me, especially towards the end.  I mean, I love the robots.  The designs look amazing.  Just needed more action or at least more substance to the story.  I did like a few moments here and there.  Also love how these robots interact.
Can't win them all.  If this movie still interests you, go in with low expectations.  At the end of the year, I will list my most favorite to least favorite.