Thursday, December 18, 2014

French Cinema Night: The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec

My last French Cinema Night ends with this crazy/fantastic movie from Luc Besson.  You know?  That one guy who brought us Leon The Professional and The 5th Element.  This was a cute movie.  The main character, Adele, is an adventurous sweet charming girl.  It was love at first sight for me.  She goes onto an adventure to gather a few magical elements to save her sister's life.  Meanwhile, there's an evil pterodactyl attacking the city of Paris.  Yeah, it's that kind of a movie.  Nice balance of over the top stuff and adventure.  Anyways, I love all the other weird characters in this film.  Hell, I didn't mind the surprised ending where our main character is about to embark on a tragic journey.
This is worth checking out.  Saw this on Netflix.  I may buy it one day just for kicks.
And with that my friends, I end the last French Cinema Night.  It's funny that out of the four personal special movie nights I had each month this year, this was the one that I chose to do specifically for my girlfriend at that time, and it ended up being my favorite.  Love it.  I will list my most favorite to least favorite at the end of the year.

Here's a dubbed trailer: