Friday, December 19, 2014

Wild (2014)

I love movies about man versus nature.  In this case, woman versus nature.  This drama is more about coping with a loss.  This is all about Reese Witherspoon's performance.  The story was pretty good.  Witherspoon plays a lost soul who goes downhill after losing her mom.  When she reaches rock bottom, her husband divorces her.  So, in order to get her shit together, she decides to go on this big hike.  You know where this is going?  She battles her demons and with nature she finds herself.  Blah, blah, blah.  So predictable.  But, I kind of knew that going in.  I still wanted to check it out just because I can kind of relate to it.  I'm in the middle of finding myself again.  Wish I could've gone on a big multi-state hiking trip.  But, I got bills to pay and a son to feed.  I have to admit, keeping myself busy with my son, friends, dates, movies, and basically whatever the fuck I want, has helped me deal with stuff and life a lot better.  Hell, the son of a bitch from Jurassic Park was right, "life finds a way."  Back to this movie, I like some of the soundtrack.  Witherspoon's performance, pretty damn good. 
I wanted to see Into The Wild as a double feature with this but time is a motherfucker.  This is worth a peek.  I would rather recommend, Into The Wild, for a better and stronger story.