Monday, December 15, 2014

Noah (2014)

Okay, so I'm not into biblical movies or movies inspired from biblical stories. The only reason I saw this was because of director Darren Aronofsky.  I love half of his movies so I gave this one a shot.  Now that I said that, I feel much better.  I didn't like this movie.  There were some okay moments but I'm not into these types of stories.  I know this has to be a lot different than the biblical version but I'm not into this mythology.   Even though this isn't the same type of movie, every once in a while, I'll be in the mood for a Roman and Greek Epic, but that's rare.  Man, I sound snobby.  Somebody shoot me!  Anyways, I gave this a chance and that's about it.  People are cruel here but I guess that's the message.
I wouldn't recommend this but I do recommend these works from the same director:
The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream, and Black Swan.