Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Book of Life (2014)

Took my little man to see another great Animation this year.  This was awesome, especially the first hour.  Then as soon as Ice Cube's voice is heard, it goes downhill from there.  I love me a nice romantic and funny love story.  Yes, behind this gore loving and revenge film addict, there's a soft spot.  And coming from a Mexican background, I couldn't help but appreciate all the cultural references on here.  We are some emotional fucking people, I'll tell you.  So, I love the story here except where it became a little too much towards the end. Still, it was entertaining.  Love the music covers on here also.  
"Play with your heart" and love conquers all kind of story.   Worth checking out.

And since the trailer referenced churros, well, it's only right to sneak some in.  There were two churro references.  And for the record, my son Nathan loved the movie.  That counts.