Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wish I Was Here (2014)

My last official 2014 movie this year is this dramedy.  It was so and so.  I mean, the set up was great.  Had lots of potential.  I actually laughed twice in the first 15 minutes.  But, it got boring for me.  I like the idea for this type of story and there were some charming fucking moments but overall, I just didn't care anymore.  I saw this on this lazy rainy Sunday afternoon while my son was running loose playing with his latest Christmas presents.  This is directed by Zack Braff who stars in it as well.  I remember he did Garden State and I wasn't fan of that one either.  A lot of people liked it.  Maybe those people might enjoy this one.
So my advice: wouldn't recommend this unless you like semi-depressing light hearted indie dramas.  I did like some of the dark humor on here.