Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I was kind of worried about seeing this movie. Thought it was going to be a Charlie Kauffman/Michel Gondry ripofff.  It wasn't.  It was better than expected.  Yeah, it was a little preachy. "Go travel the world and live life to the fullest otherwise you're boring" kind of message. After a while, I didn't mind it.  It was inspirational actually.  If I had some money to spare, I would travel all over this damn world.  Maybe one day.  But, in no way do I want to be one of them traveling snobs.  I'll shoot myself first.   Ben Stiller stars and directs this sweet traveling movie. He plays this lonely single guy who has a big crush on the beautiful Kristen Wiig.  He gets on eHarmony and his profile seems lame.  He uses his imagination to create a world where he's this big adventure guy.  Well, after a few conflicts at work, he finally decides to take a risk and travel and do adventures in reality. His main goal is to find Sean Penn's character and get a photograph negative that he needs in order to save his job.  Little by little he starts figuring out life and happiness. 
Overall,  a little sappy at first but not too bad.  Good inspirational movie for the heart and soul.