Thursday, May 15, 2014

French Cinema Night: Le Samourai

Wow! Great French hitman movie.  Seriously, I think this is my favorite French movie from all the French Cinema Nights this year so far.  It has a good slick style.  I caught myself smiling at a few great cinematic moments like all the moments where our hitman puts on his hat.  He does it in a certain way.  Love it.  It's a basic story.  A hitman goes out to get his target but before doing so he covers his ground and alibis.  Bang! Our hitman kills his target but moments later he gets caught by the police.  Our main detective tries hard to charge him but after a long while, he gets released because of his alibis.  The detective and his team monitors him.  At the same time, he gets betrayed by the person that hired him for the job.  Now, our cool hitman goes around the city finding a way to not get caught by the police or his other enemies.  The subway scenes are awesome.  I enjoyed the hell out of this movie.  
I'm for sure buying this for my Foreign section.  It's a good thing I didn't cancel French Cinema Night whenever me and my ex girlfriend broke up. I wouldn't have discovered this great film. So I should be thanking her.  Nah, forget her.  I'll be watching a modern French thriller in the next French Cinema Night.