Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Okay, so I decided to watch this cheesy movie I heard nothing but bad things about.  Me and my son just came back watching a Beatles cover band so I figured why not.  This actually wasn't all that bad.  Yeah, the story sucked big time.  The acting and most of the stuff was ridiculous but as far as the songs and musical acts themselves, I thought that was okay.  There were a few songs I enjoyed.  I think my favorite is Aerosmith doing "Come Together.'  I'm a big fan of the musical "Across The Univers."  I saw that at the Dobie Theater in Austin before they closed.  To me, that musical did justice to the Beatles music and style.  This movie right here doesn't do quite justice because of the stupid story and random stuff that's thrown in.  But, kudos for the weird Steve Martin part where he sings:  Maxwell's Silver Hammer.  
If you haven't seen Across The Universe and you're a Beatles fan, you're missing out.  This one is okay as long as you have low expectations.