Friday, May 16, 2014

Godzilla (2014)

Saw my first summer blockbuster movie.  I thought it was alright.  I actually wanted more out of this.  I didn't mind not much Godzilla time but whenever they do have Godzilla on there, they should have made those scenes a lot better (most of those scenes, Godzilla is swimming in the ocean).  They focused more on those other creatures.  I did like the payoff, though.  Great last 20 minutes of the film.  If the rest of the film would have had more monster battles, then this would have been awesome.  The characters were okay.  But, whenever I see a big blockbuster special effects movie, I know not to take the characters seriously.  For example, Pacific Rim totally blew me away.  The characters were okay but it was all about those amazing big monster fights that made the movie good in my opinion.  Godzilla, well, it had a lot of good moments, but overall nothing special. 
Kudos for the Mothra reference.  After watching Pacific Rim last year, I was considering having a Godzilla Movie Night.  Maybe I'll do that in the near future: Godzilla Mondays or something. 
This one is okay to see.  No big deal, though.