Friday, May 16, 2014

The Great Beauty

This Italian Artsy Drama was boring.  This movie won Best Foreign at the Oscars this year.  So, it had a lot going for it.  I just didn't feel it after 30 minutes in.  The first half reminded me of The Great Gatsby.  All one big orgy of a party.  It just gets tiring after a while.  It was also too artsy for me.  I knew that was going to happen.  This whole movie is a piece of art.  I did love the cinematography and lots of the exteriors they used on this.  Italy looks like a beautiful country.  I wouldn't mind visiting someday.  I also liked some of the erotic scenes on this.  Not bad at all.
Overall, the story wasn't for me.  Just found it uninteresting.  No strings attached here.
As a fan of Foreign Cinema, I had to see this eventually.
Glad to get it out of the way.

Made Italian Sausage Penne Pasta this day.