Thursday, April 3, 2014

All Is Lost

All is lost,  my friends. Robert Redford does a good job carrying the film all by himself.  I mean, this is all him. There's no one around.  He is stuck somewhere in the Indian Ocean for over a week.  It was okay for a survival movie.  I like movies with hardly any dialogue.  This is all about the sounds and being alone.  It got a bit boring in the second half.  Robert Redford plays some kind of sea expert whose boat starts having problems due to storms and mechanical failure.  Within a few days, his boat sinks and he gets into an inflatable boat. Tension and desperation arises.  So he's doing all that he can to survive.  I can tell you one thing, I'm not getting into another sail boat again (at least not for a long time).
Okay to see for the experience but nothing too special or that I would recommend.  Would make a great marathon with Cast Away, Captain Phillips, and Jaws.