Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Field In England

This was a trippy film but overall I didn't feel connected.  It is a film that did good at Fantastic Fest last year.  Director Ben Wheatley does pretty crazy films.  He did The Kill List and Sightseers.  This latest one is in black and white.  A few men are at war.  They escape the battle and team up with this other guy who tells them to help him find some treasure hidden in the field somewhere.  The group take a psychedelic ride and start tripping out in the middle of these fields.  Crazy stuff happens to them and WE, the audience, go along for the ride.  It was artsy.  Sometimes too much but other times I didn't mind.  I was expecting a lot more out of this.  This is picked up Drafthouse Films.  They usually pick very awesome films.  
A little disappointing but I guess it was alright for a trippy film.  I wouldn't recommend this.