Wednesday, March 14, 2012

South American Cinema Night: Mandrill

SOUTH AMERICAN CINEMA NIGHT

Every 2nd Wednesday of every month
I'll be checking out a movie from any country in South America.
My goal is to see one movie from each country.
This excludes any films I see at film festivals.

Tonight's movie is from the country of Chile.


Mandrill
Cheesy 70's style movie.
This is modern grindhouse at its peak.
I been waiting more than two years for this Chilean movie.
This one won best film at Fantastic Fest 2009.
I love the music, the cheesy fight scenes,
the cliches, and quirky cool moments like
Mandrill putting on his shades in the car.
The only complaint I have is the ending.
It was a bit confusing.
I mean, I understand how things turned out.
I was okay with that.
But, the ending?
I was wanting some closure.
Other than that, alright independent action movie
by the same director who brought us "Mirageman" and "Kiltro."

I still like Mirageman a lot more.
I might add this one day for my Foreign section.
But not in a big hurry.
Did enjoy it with some Rayun Merlot (Red Wine from Chile).