Thursday, March 15, 2012

Home Invasion Thursday: Silent House

HOME INVASION THURSDAY

Every third Thursday I'll comment on a
home invasion movie I've never seen before.
When I saw Kidnapped from Spain last year,
I decided to start a home invasion section for my collection.
Might as well do a special on this.


Silent House
This started good.
It had home invasion written all over it.
Loved that they made it look like it
was shot in one long take.
Didn't know what to expect or what was coming.
But when everything was revealed,
it didn't "wow" me.
I liked it but not enough to my expectations.
It turned out to be less of a home invasion movie.
The actor who played that kind of sucked.
A few scares. A little twist.
I felt clausterphobic in the first half,
that's always good for home invasion night.
I wanted to see this on the theatre only because
all the other home invasion movies for this year
are all going to be at home. So it be cool to watch
one at the theatre.

With that said, I should of waited to see this on DVD.
I should of rented the original one instead.
But, the original is from Uruguay.
It's South American and Home Invasion. I don't think
I want to cross the two this year.